Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Thank you sir, may I have another!"


Mike Garrison

Ouch, that hurt!

I just received an email from a mentor and long-time friend of mine, Mike Garrison, President of The Garrison Group (mike@thegarrisongroup.biz - http://www.thegarrisongroup.biz/). It was great to re-connect with him, but man did it hurt!

Let me back track a bit. You see Mike is AMAZING! He gets me to do things that no one else can do. In short, he's knows how to push my buttons. Mike says jump, and I say "How high?" If you need help in business and in life, Mike is "Da Man" for you.

I have not heard from Mike for a while and so when I got an email from him last week, it was a pleasant surprise. In my usually friendly fashion I responded to his email. This morning to my delight I got another response from him. But, man did this one hurt.

Again he was re-connecting with me, asking about how things are in the 'Burgh, etc. I should have seen it coming, but I didn't. You see, that first sentence of his was, in martial arts, a fake, a set-up - because as I was reading that, he let me have it full-force. His next comment was, about this here dojo/blog of mine. He noticed that I have not been writing in a while.

That hurt. But it's a good hurt. Why? Because I am writing!!! I know, hard to believe, right?? I told you Mike was good. He knows, and as he reads this entry of mine, he is probably laughing and saying "Gotcha!"

Mike is great. He tells you full-out what you need to hear. You may not want to hear it. You probably won't like to hear it. But he still gives it to you anyway. That my friends is TRUE honesty.

Thanks Mike. I needed that. You make me feel like a white belt again!

Oh and, by the way, can I have another???



Ninpo ik kan my friends....

David L. Holzer
Insurance Advisor & Martial Arts Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment