Saturday, February 10, 2007

It's All About "Shugo"


When I meet someone and they ask me for a business card, I hand them not just a card but a statement. You see, my card has two Japanese characters running down the right hand side. These characters, in Japanese, are read as, "Shugo."

Of course, the next question I get is, "what does that mean?" The simple answer is "Protection." That's what I do. I help others "protect" themselves and those that they care about from life's unexpected twists and turns. This could be in regards to self-defense or in the realm of financial protection.

You see, I am owner and head instructor of the Pittsburgh Combat Club but I am also a Partner at Holzer Financial. One is about real world self-defense and the other is about real world insurance planning. In both cases, it's about educating and empowering my students/clients to take knowledgeable action. Action that will protect themselves and their loved ones.

So, what is "shugo"? Shugo is the concept of protection. It can be physical, mental or emotional. It is the peace of mind that you gain knowing that you can protect yourself and your loved ones through action. I have learned this and now wish to share it with you.

Welcome to my dojo!

David L. Holzer
Insurance Advisor & Martial Arts Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment